I Can Wait Forever

It's lovely, darling! (Fanart, Fanfics, Pony or not Pony. If you're creative, post here!)

Moderator: Fizzbuzz

PonyHag714
Here comes the helmet!

I Can Wait Forever

Post by PonyHag714 (?) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:35 pm

He stood in the quiet meadow and stared for long minutes at the statue. It wasn't the first time he'd come here, and it wouldn't be the last.

Harpax looked at her face, frozen in rage and defiance, her person frozen in that defiant pose. It was hard to look - and yet, it was hard to look away. She was the centerpiece, the focus. Of course there were the other two, but for them Harpax had barely a glance or a thought. Only one mattered.

He was well aware of her crimes, well aware that she hadn't always put her subjects' interests ahead of her own. But he was stll a Changeling, and she was still at least his former queen. No machinations of the Lord of Chaos could change that. Harpax smiled at the idea that there were some things even Discord couldn't control.

He stared at Chrysalis for a moment longer, thinking he should return to the hive before his absence caused worry. But then he heard footsteps. Assuming at was Thorax - the only other creature who bothered to visit the statue - he ignored it. Then he saw a flowing mane out of the corner of his eye. It was Princess Twilight Sparkle.
Image ("Don't try to reform me, Hag, because I'm made of cold stone.")

PonyHag714
Here comes the helmet!

Re: I Can Wait Forever

Post by PonyHag714 (?) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:45 pm

"I hope I didn't startle you." said the Princess.

"No...you didn't." Harpax replied. "I should be getting back anyway, I..."

"I didn't know anyone but Thorax came here." said Twilight. "Do you come here often?"

"From time to time." said Harpax. Suddenly he felt irritated. "Is there a problem?"

"No, of course not." Twilight looked at the hooded Changeling for a long moment. "Harpax, is there something you'd like to say? Because if there is...it's okay."

Several seconds went by. Harpax looked at the petrified Chrysalis again.

"I just wish...there had been another way. Another solution."

"So do I." said Twilight. "I would have given anything for the three of them to realize the error of thier ways and embrace friendship. I tried my best to convince them, but Chrysalis at least would have none of it. You know that."

"I know. And then Discord..." Just saying the name made him feel sick.

Twilight sighed. "Discord is Discord. And Celestia and Luna had to agree with what he proposed or it wouldn't have gone any farther. But the villains had to be stopped, especially after Chrysalis' threat. You know that, too."

Harpax nodded. "It's just so...frustrating."

"Yes, it is. It's just a lousy situation all around. But there's nothing I can do about it. I have to protect Equestria...I can't free them and risk this land's safety. Do you understand?"

"Can you free them?" asked Harpax.

"If I wanted to." said Twilight. "But I can't." Harpax looked away. What was the point of this conversation?

"Unless."

Harpax looked back at the Princess of Friendship.

PonyHag714
Here comes the helmet!

Post by PonyHag714 (?) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:27 pm

"Unless what?" he asked.

"Unless you can find a way to rehabilitate them, magically or otherwise, with no risk to Equestria." answered Twilight. "It would have to be beyond foolproof, though. I cannot and will not guarantee anything, but I promise I'll listen if you come up with something."

Harpax nodded. "I'll try."

"I support your efforts and wish you luck. I would love it if they could be convinced to accept friendship. Goodbye for now, Harpax." With that, Twilight flew away.

Harpax looked back at Chrysalis. "If I can find a way to do it, I will. I swear it. Until then, rest quietly, my queen." Then he turned and walked away, not looking back.

That was why he didn't notice the droplet of moisture on Chrysalis' stone cheek, despite the fact there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

It was hope.

THE END

Skipper
Rainbow Racers
Patreon platinum

Post by Skipper (?) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:50 am

Good story, I liked it a lot!

PonyHag714
Here comes the helmet!

Post by PonyHag714 (?) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:09 am