Let's play Among Us and murder each other in space

Ooh, I love fun things! (Games, both video and traditional, discussion. looser posting styles allowed)

Moderator: Fizzbuzz

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Let's play Among Us and murder each other in space

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:27 pm

You've probably seen memes about this game where little colorful people run around and try to sabotage each other on their way to win. No, it's not Fall Guys, it's Among Us, an indie game of social deception for 4-10 players! You are all crew on a spaceship that needs various tasks done over the course of a round generally about 10 minutes long. Fuel the engines, start the reactor core, clean out the air filters, and more; all little tasks that take about 5-10 seconds and conveniently divert your attention. If everyone does their job, you win!

But one to two of you will be an impostor, hellbent on murder. If you're the impostor, you have to kill enough of the crew to where you (and your fellows, if any) outnumber them before they finish their jobs. You've got some tricks up your sleeve to facilitate this, being able to hide in vents and sabotage critical infrastructure on the ship to force the crew out of position. And if you get found out, you're not quite done for; players can only talk after a dead body is found or during an emergency meeting, so lie like crazy and your silver tongue might just save you from getting voted off!

The game is only $5 on Steam or Itch.io, or free with ads on iOS and Android (and it has crossplay). It's highly accessible with its low price, quick rounds, and generally simple controls. Several of us got started playing it earlier today and had a ton of fun with it, so post here or message me or Perry on Discord if you'd like to join our group!

Oh, and the story of how Among Us got popular is really heartwarming. :allears:

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Re: Let's play Among Us and murder each other in space

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:49 pm

sounds like a thread an impostor would make :squintyjack:
ImageImage Image Image

;) ❤️ :twasnothin: ❤️ :fancyhat:

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:42 pm

Among Us does have Windows/mobile crossplay, from what I could find out, so that's a free way to give the game a try if you're not sure about it. But seriously, play with ponygoons, as I get the feeling it's not as fun against randos.

DaikatunaRevengeance
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by DaikatunaRevengeance (?) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:41 pm

Oh wow, didn't know that.
ImageImage Image Image

;) ❤️ :twasnothin: ❤️ :fancyhat:

Fizzbuzz
Stare Masters

Post by Fizzbuzz (?) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:03 pm

For PC players, there's some more useful keyboard controls. (Be sure to enable mouse + keyboard in the settings.)
PC Controls:

Arrows or WASD - Moving
E or Space - Use
Q - Kill
R - Report body
Mouse - Minigame and menu interactions
Alt+Enter - Toggle fullscreen
The use button is particularly handy, in my experience.