Forumswide Secret Celestia X-Mas X-travaganza 2!

Where only the shiniest threads are preserved for all to see.
Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Re: Forumswide Secret Celestia X-Mas X-travaganza 2!

Post by Octavia (?) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:11 pm

I think the ruling is DO NOT put who it's from inside the package. Finding out who gave it to you is an extra incentive to make a nice unwrapping post in the thread.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Damathacus

Post by Damathacus » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:28 pm

Octavia wrote:I think the ruling is DO NOT put who it's from inside the package. Finding out who gave it to you is an extra incentive to make a nice unwrapping post in the thread.
Personally I find it okay to sign a card with your forum nick if you include one. It's nice to find who gave you present as you open it.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:35 pm

In the other Secret Santas I've done so far, it was considered part of the fun that you had to guess your santa from the gift and such. Some people make that an elaborate thing with clues in the package, but just the general guessing part can be really amusing. The santa can obviously reveal himself at any time on the forums.
I vote for no reveal in the package - Lets puzzle around like gentlemen :spike101:
Image /// Image /// Image

MetalSonic

Post by MetalSonic (?) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:29 pm

Since we have to provide the address of our own at the package, I think for some folks like me I think the mystery is not hidden so much. I mean, how many goons live in Germany and participate here? Or in the Netherlands.
Also there is a "Where are we from thread" at this forum for the US-Goons.

Well, but we just could not spoil it for ourselves and don't look.

Pineapple

Post by Pineapple » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:43 pm

How come this thread doesn't show up in bookmarks and doesn't jump to the new posts when you click the thingy? It starts at the top of the last page instead. :[

Throbulator

Post by Throbulator » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:49 pm

Last year's Secret Santa was awesome. This is going to be awesome! :awesomedash:

Willsun, I think you should mention the "xX_Sgt.HowdyDOODY_Fartpony_Xx" clause from last year to avoid similar situations.

Anyway, my list.

1. Pony stuff. No shirts though, I'm not much of a shirt person. Favourite ponies are Photo Finish and Derpy. If you're gunning for toys, I don't have any of the mane 6.
2. Books. God I love books. Comic books too. For regular books I like subjects about historical stuff, architecture, science, and so on. For comics I could use any of the Atomic Robo graphic novels from volume 3 and up.
3. Surprise me. If any of the above suggestions don't take to the skies be creative.

Also how many people like salty licorice? I should start up a mailing list for that stuff. :squintyjack:
Durandal wrote:Does this rule about revealing the santa after the opening forbid us from just including a "MERRY XMAS, FROM THROBULATOR" (or whatever) message inside the package?
Arr, being used as an example warms me down in the cockles of my heart. :3:
I think it's okay to leave a signed message in the gift if you want to. Since people aren't allowed to publish who gave them what untill the 25th it shouldn't be a problem. I know for me personally it'll be a big giveaway as my package will without a doubt be covered in international shipping labels that clearly show which country it was sent from. Also the box will have Danish words on it.

And we'll lessen the risk of people guessing wrong and hurting their santa's feelings.

JaneCV

Post by JaneCV » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:38 pm

This will be my first pony X-Mas. :ohboy:

Gift Ideas: In no particular order.

1. Pony-related stuff, of course. Buttons and keychains and stuff I can adorn my messenger bag with would be great too. I kind of need a new scarf, I wonder if anyone makes a good pony-themed one? I already have the TRU pony figurine collection and the Cloudsdale set, Sweet Apple Acres set, and...whatever Cadance & SA's thing is.

2. Rocks and minerals are awesome. I like little animals and whatnot carved out of rocks for decorating my desk too. I really love the more unusual varieties of quartz like chrysoprase, heliotrope, brecciated jasper, etc. If someone carved a Rarity out of white jasper and amethyst I could probably be convinced to empty my bank account for it, but that's a bit off topic.
3. Surprise me. :party: As long as it's not going to take up a lot of space since my room is a bit of a cluttered mess already and I need to downsize. Something unique, hand-crafted, or otherwise creative would be really cool and memorable.

I'm not entirely sure what shirt size I am, it varies depending on who makes the shirt. I'm usually a small, but I think I checked the sizing charts at WLF and by their standards I'd be a medium. Please no food though.

Frosthawk
Scootaloo's Pro Scooters

Post by Frosthawk (?) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:43 pm

JaceNV wrote: 2. Rocks and minerals are awesome. I like little animals and whatnot carved out of rocks for decorating my desk too. I really love the more unusual varieties of quartz like chrysoprase, heliotrope, brecciated jasper, etc. If someone carved a Rarity out of white jasper and amethyst I could probably be convinced to empty my bank account for it, but that's a bit off topic.
I hope I get paired up with you. :allears:

princess spaceship

Post by princess spaceship (?) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:27 am

JaceNV wrote:This will be my first pony X-Mas. :ohboy:
:flattered: Since you moved here from Trottingham?
:ohboy: No-- my very first pony X-mas Ever!

Sorry, I had to do that. :modesty:

Gift ideas:
1. Christmas tree ornaments! This could be pony themed or something related to where you live. So far we just have 1 ornament (an Orca whale from San Juan Island, WA).
2. I love jigsaw puzzles.
3. I love stuffed animals. Er, “plushies”, not the taxidermy kind (although that could be neat, too, I guess). I’d be happy with ponies, tigers, pandas, penguins, or anything that strikes you as cute. If Fluttershy would like it, then I would, too.
4. Apple-themed kitchen tools/ accessories. This could be an apple corer (which we for some reason don't have), apple apron, apple placemats, apple table cloth, apple salt and pepper shakers, neat jar with apples on it. You get the picture. It is my goal to one day have the appliest kitchen that ever apple appled.
5. Children's books! I want to build up a nice home library, & am woefully lacking in children/ young adult stuff.
Books that I own that fit this category:
Pretty much all of the Animorphs series, a handful of Goosebump stories that I haven't donated yet, the Little Prince, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Zombie in Love, which I highly recommend to all, & the Kindle versions of The Neddiad, The Yggyssy, and Adventures of a Cat Whiskered Girl (all by Daniel Pinkwater).
T-shirt: men’s M. I don’t like the way women’s t-shirts fit. Favourite ponies: :twasnothin: :flail: :allears: . Also, I love chocolate, & cheese, & especially Spaniard Christmas treats like polvorones, marzipan, or even jamon Serrano… mmmmmm….
These are just suggestions, though-- feel free to have fun!
Last edited by princess spaceship on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dong Strongly
What I am now
Patreon supporter

Post by Dong Strongly (?) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:02 am

shit. lets be santa

For they that are unfortunate enough to bear the burden of my gift:
One- I adore Topshirts, and I already have Melt and Derped. Size is XL cuz I'm a fat shit and I fuckin love ice cream.

Deuce- Photography stuffz. I'd really appreciate a wireless trigger for my Canon speedlite 430EX II or some continuous fluorescent lighting for macro stuff. Cowboy studio has pretty good stuff at good prices, but amazon can sometimes be good for that.

Tree- Guns, planes, modern art and design, candy from the far reaches of the globe, all this stuff is great, too. Surprise me with what you can get away with shipping in the mail. The best things I've heard about in the mail were severed fingers and a ferret.

edit: a little bit of clarification added.
Last edited by Dong Strongly on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thicc like molasses thx 4 askin
:sweetielarm: Image :sweetielarm:

Durandal
Faithful Students

Post by Durandal (?) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:20 am

Throbulator wrote: Arr, being used as an example warms me down in the cockles of my heart. :3:
It's always a merry christmas when Throbulator is around :iamapony:
Dong Strongly wrote:I'd really appreciate a wireless trigger for my Canon speedlite
Could you clarify what model speedlite it is? This might help Santa out a bit.

Anyways, I had another general question, but thinking of Eurogoons in particular. heaps of these suggestions so far involve "cool things from your local area that you can't get in other places" and I was wondering, are there American things we can send that particularly fit this category? I'm thinking of like the equivalent of chocolate from Belgium or silk from China or boomerangs from Australia or whatever.

VVV I guess I was also thinking of US-exclusive pony merch, but I don't think it's that big of any issue anyway.
Last edited by Durandal on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haller

Post by Haller » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:45 am

Sounds fun. I'm in.

MY LIST

1. Amazon gift card. I shop there all the time so this would be ideal.

2. Steam games. Right now my wish list has Faster Than Light, Hotline Miami, Quantum Conumdrum, and I Am Alive. Steam is under 36Holla.

3. Pony stuff. My favorite character is Rainbow Dash. I already have the Funko/Hot Topic figure so something else would be cool. I'm an XL shirt size if that's the route you go but otherwise anything else is cool.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:07 am

Durandal wrote:Anyways, I had another general question, but thinking of Eurogoons in particular. Lots of these suggestions so far involve "cool things from your local area that you can't get in other places" and I was wondering, are there American things we can send that particularly fit this category? I'm thinking of like the equivalent of chocolate from Belgium or silk from China or boomerangs from Australia or whatever.
My two cents:
There's no need to think that widescale - Local things are already good! Like, for example, your area has great apiculture? Send some honey! Every region I can think of in Germany has some food or other stuff that's special to it. Just look around you.

!saak
🎜 joie de vivre 🎜
Semper Pie

Post by !saak (?) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:00 am

^Last year Aramek sent me homemade jam which was absolutely delicious :allears: Also cigars which were awesome.

Re: revealing thyself: From what I remember I needed to put my return address on the package and the package was covered in Dutch markings, so I guess you could err... not look at the box :v:

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:32 am

Pineapple wrote:How come this thread doesn't show up in bookmarks and doesn't jump to the new posts when you click the thingy? It starts at the top of the last page instead. :[
This is a forums bug that's been around forever and it applies to all the stickied threads. It's either really difficult to fix or really low priority, but it's definitely been reported in the forum bugs thread a few times.

Pineapple

Post by Pineapple » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:54 am

Octavia wrote: This is a forums bug that's been around forever and it applies to all the stickied threads. It's either really difficult to fix or really low priority, but it's definitely been reported in the forum bugs thread a few times.
:< this is me making a pout face

Timber72

Post by Timber72 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:03 pm

Haller wrote: 2. Steam games. Right now my wish list has Faster Than Light, Hotline Miami, Quantum Conumdrum, and I Am Alive. Steam is under 36Holla.
Get this off your list and get this bought right now son! Game is fantastic.

Yolostar
Chief Executive Lackey

Post by Yolostar (?) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:12 pm

Last year turned out great so I see no reason to not participate this year! :ohboy:

Here's the breakdown:
1. Pony Winter Gear. I love winter clothing and I've seen pony themed hats, scarves, and gloves at conventions and online. Best ponies are Fluttershy, Twilight, and Rarity (any of the princesses would work too!). Don't worry about the colors or anything, I'll wear pink or purple.

2. Pony shirts. I'm looking for a one colored shirt with a pony's cutie mark on it. Same ponies as above but I already have Rarity from last year. Shirt size is L.

3. I'm still looking for vinyl records. I'm particularly looking for Genesis' The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway but I'll take anything by: Yes, R.E.M., The Beatles, The Kinks, The Who, The Stones, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, or Yuji Ohno (The Yuji Ohno Trio). I could keep going but I think that's a good pool to choose from. Used is fine, I only care if they play.

I'm so excited, last year owned, this year will own too! :party:
Last edited by Yolostar on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Crow

Post by Crow » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:19 pm

I can't really think of anything so...whoever gets me can gift me whatever!

I suppose I can add stuff later? I just wanted to be counted as participating.

Willsun

Post by Willsun » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:58 pm

Yeah, you can come back to edit your post whenever you like. Please come up with something before November 17th, however.
Throbulator wrote:Willsun, I think you should mention the "xX_Sgt.HowdyDOODY_Fartpony_Xx" clause from last year to avoid similar situations.
Yes, thank you. Added to the OP. In case anyone's wondering, this clause came from an incident in which a Santee's family member turned away a gift intended for them because the Santee was not there to accept and sign for their package and the family member did not recognize the forums name they gave me. While you have every right to not give out your real name, not doing so causes incidents like this to happen. The Santa was kind enough to pay for shipping again to send it back out to the Santee, but I was very displeased that the Santee didn't take responsibility to accept the package in person if they were that afraid of giving out their real name and also kept their family members ignorant of their internet name.

I've updated the rules so that if this happens again, the Santa is not obligated to send the present back out and they are considered finished with the gift-giving part of their participation. So remember, use your real name if you're living with people who might answer the door and turn away a gift whose name they don't recognize, or be on constant vigilance during all business hours if you refuse to use your real name. If this is a big issue for you and you think it's unfair, then don't participate in Secret Santa. Choose your name at your own risk.
Perrydotto wrote:Just look around you.
Please ensure you have your copybook at hand.
Octavia wrote:I think the ruling is DO NOT put who it's from inside the package. Finding out who gave it to you is an extra incentive to make a nice unwrapping post in the thread.
It's not a rule, but it's fun to let them guess and/or reveal yourself in this thread instead. Like everyone else said though, sometimes it's really hard to have your Santee receive your present and not know who it is through clues like country of origin or if you already know whose name matches to who.

Perrydotto
Agents of Chaos

Post by Perrydotto (?) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:21 pm

Wilsun wins all the brownie points for getting the reference :party:

Also, I see, for once it's beneficial to live on your own. Aside from the funny looks the postman might give me, I got nothing to worry about. Aside from the all other household duties but pff who cares about being a responsible adult

Adir

Post by Adir (?) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:40 pm

Willsun wrote:
I've updated the rules so that if this happens again, the Santa is not obligated to send the present back out and they are considered finished with the gift-giving part of their participation. So remember, use your real name if you're living with people who might answer the door and turn away a gift whose name they don't recognize, or be on constant vigilance during all business hours if you refuse to use your real name. If this is a big issue for you and you think it's unfair, then don't participate in Secret Santa. Choose your name at your own risk.
So wait, to clarify. When we give you our home address we are encouraged to give our name, our real name, that way the secret santa can put that on the mailing address? This isn't required, but encouraged. Am I reading this correctly?

Willsun

Post by Willsun » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:44 pm

Yeah, that's correct. Last year I didn't know if usernames would cause a problem, but a good deal of people gave me their real name anyway. I am not forcing anyone to give me and their subsequent Santas their real names, but be responsible if you aren't gonna use it. A compromise is that you can give out your initials instead so that (hopefully) anyone living with you who might refuse the package can puzzle out that it's your initials.

Madeline
never existed
Semper Pie

Post by Madeline (?) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:51 am

That's pretty surprising. I always give my housemates a heads up when a package might be coming, if only because the UPS guy has occasionally just dumped a package by the porch and ran without knocking. Also I usually just default to my initials if I feel nervous about putting my name out there, because I figured the post office would be baffled delivering a package to, say, "Paperback Writer" or whatever and might not deliver it.

Mike_NLN

Post by Mike_NLN (?) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:08 am

I've been bummed that my friends quit having Christmas shindigs, so this seems like a good alternative.

General info: My favorite ponies are :-/ and :v: , shirt size XL, and I'm into most of the other nerdy stuff.

1. Anything pony would be awesome. The pony related things I already own are the Nightmare Moon collector's set, Zecora, 2 of the DVDs, and I have the box set on pre-order. I own no pony shirts, but if you want to get me one please use some discretion. Some close friends know I like ponies, but I'm very low key about it in public. I will say though that if given a shirt I'll wear it out at least once and report any reactions.

2.For gifts not pony related here's my amazon Christmas Wish List, made specifically for Secret Santa parties. You don't have to get me anything specific from it, but use it as a guide for what I like. The best gifts to me are the ones that are complete surprises.

3. Like I said, surprise me! Though beware of sending me food, while I've been working hard to mend my picky eating ways there's no guarantee that I would enjoy odd foodstuffs.

Edited for compliance :ponynet:
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

Octavia
Octavia's Orchestra
Patreon supporter

Post by Octavia (?) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:03 am

Everyone in my building has their own mailbox and we put name tags on each one so the post office knows whose is whose. Despite this, the post office refused to deliver a letter to my company name, which is just my name with the word "music" tacked on at the end. So now there's a name tag with both "(my name)" and "(my name) Music" on the mailbox because apparently it was too hard for the USPS to figure out they're both going to the same person.

What I'm saying is don't ever assume the post office will deliver to an address whose name they might not recognize, no matter how similar it may be.

Aramek
Your MRI results have shown total infection to now be approximately one fifth of the full mass of the tissue.

"So you're saying..."

Your brain is about 20% tumor.
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:56 am

Last year's was so damned fun! Hells yeah I'm all over this again! :party:

==========
Gift Ideas:
==========

1.) I'm not a T-Shirt sort of fellow, as the vast majority of my wardrobe consists of slacks and collared shirts. But I super love Ties! This tie, in particular is pretty amazing.

2.) Something local for you. Got a cool thing your region is known for and you're proud of? Like a candy, or beer, or something? Something that showcases your home makes a wonderful gift.
3.) I'm, erm, not big on pony stuff, truthfully. But Rarity is the best pony. :vogue: If you decide upon getting me a pony-related thing, as subtle as possible would be appreciated. I'm a sucker for Cutie Mark stuff. It looks great and blends in. If Cutie Mark Cuff links existed, I'd be all over that shit.

4.) TEA. OH GOD I LOVE TEA. (Except Green.) Got a tea you love? Chances are I'll love it too! I can't get enough!
Image There was a link here, it's dead now and I'm sad.

Mad Surge
Who put sparkles all around me?
Semper Pie

Post by Mad Surge (?) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:26 pm

Eh, my parents know my nickname and never turn down packages. If anything, I'll give my real name in case noone's home and the post office keeps the package.
Can we decorate the box as we please (except obscenities obviously)? :allears: My mom would be glad to help me, I'm sure of it!
Image Image Image

Vivianinatoga
Semper Pie

Post by Vivianinatoga (?) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:25 pm

Put both real name on the packages, because hey, you never know if your giftee decides to be a gifter to thank you after the holidays. :crack:

I might as well copypasta my vague notes from last year, since not much has changed. I'm still an indecisive bum who's not picky, so
Davyinatoga wrote:I love surprises and am not picky at all; I'll be happy with almost anything you decide, My Little Secret Santa. But if you're looking for ideas, here's a couple vague clarified notes from the ffffuuuutttuuuuurreeee!!!:
- Spongebob makes me :awesomedash: I already have box sets of the first three seasons, and the seventh season. Cartoons and toys in general are pretty :allears: .

- Musical tastes: I lean a bit towards jazz/funk, classical, prog, and anything odd or geeky. I tend to avoid country, rap, and christian rock, but I don't hate them to the point of loathing. However, God help you if you send me Linkin Park, Creed, or Nickleback.

- Food makes for very an happy Davy. (I'm on the tea bandwagon as well so I'll leave the option open, even though I STILL haven't finished off the bag from last Xmas and have a bunch of assorted piles of looseleaf teas to finish. Can't have too much variety!)

And the freebies:
- :getinkie: :pinkieshrug: :party: :-D :pinkietoot: :pcool: :-) :cheese: :tinfoil: :ponydrugs: ( :derp: :wantitneedit: :golfclop: are also cool)
- I have plenty of t-shirts and probably couldn't fit another one in the drawer, but it you're adamant about it, I'm an american size L. The only pony-related shirt I own is the Going To The Store one from Anthology 2.

And know that I'll record opening my gift; I've already exposed myself eating eggs and opening last year's gifts so there's no going back now.
EDIT: You know what? Ignore all that, 'cause you know what I really want?

Last edited by Vivianinatoga on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Willsun

Post by Willsun » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:07 pm

Mad Surge wrote:Can we decorate the box as we please (except obscenities obviously)? :allears: My mom would be glad to help me, I'm sure of it!
Yes, of course. I recommend these kind of things! Remember, everyone, unless you specify to me in your e-mail or post that you would not want to receive a package all decorated up with pony, your Santa has free reign to pony it up as much as they want (as long as it stays legal to mail and you don't put/draw anything offensive/creepy on it).

Aramek
Your MRI results have shown total infection to now be approximately one fifth of the full mass of the tissue.

"So you're saying..."

Your brain is about 20% tumor.
Rarity's Roughnecks
Patreon supporter

Post by Aramek (?) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:15 pm

Whomever gets me will have my real name. We have a controlled access building, and they won't deliver if it doesn't have the actual name on the mailbox written on the package. Please don't murderstalk me.
Image There was a link here, it's dead now and I'm sad.

DarkMatter

Post by DarkMatter (?) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:11 pm

I had so much fun with this last year I'd have to be crazy not to do it again! :ohboy:

Nifty Gifty Ideas:
1) Pony shirts! I already have Topshot's Friendship Freefall, Topshot's Pie Family Rock Farm, Dumb Fabric, the Fluttershy yay shirt, and a Rarity polo but I'm always open for more pony shirts. My shirt size is mens L. I don't really want to pick out specific shirts because I like to be surprised but I prefer the pony shirts that aren't really obnoxious and full of text or the word "brony". Any Topshot shirt is welcome! I'd also be open to Adventure Time shirts, especially cool looking ones with Marceline. I also don't have any Anthology II shirts and quite like the The Trotting Dead and Worker & Parasite.

2) Figurines and nerdy stuff! I like having nifty little collectible figurines or some nerdy kind of mug or something. Some cool ones would be ponies (I need those sets with Photo Finish and such and I want that vinyl Derpy figure from Hot Topic), Kirby, Minecraft, Mario (Yoshi is my favorite), EarthBound/Mother, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, The Walking Dead, and so on! ThinkGeek has cool things.

3) DVDs, Blu Ray, video games! I like weird/obscure movies and games a lot. Ones that slip past the radar but could be hidden gems. As far as gaming consoles go I have a Wii, 360, PS3, and DS so anything there is good (and I'll also probably be getting a 3DS before too long). I also like horror games/movies and cartoons on DVD (examples: season one of Ponies, Rocko's Modern Life, etc). And, when all else fails, Microsoft points are always good.

ALSO: I like scented candles. Not so much the flowery scents (though those are nice too) but I really like the more unique scented candles you don't see too often.

Other Notes:
Please don't let my list stifle your creativity! I'd love to be surprised by something I wasn't expecting! So go ahead and surprise me, make something on your own, or whatever. :-P

My favorite ponies are: :dreamworks: :vogue: and :smirk: (but :party: and :twonk: are pretty great too!)

And feel free to pony up the box as much as you damn well please! :excite:
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:47 am, edited 10 times in total.

haywire

Post by haywire » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:52 pm

I'm back and I'm ready for more Secret Santa! Last year, I got a kickass box with a kickass shirt in it from WhiteMageofDoom and WalrusWhiskers got a shirt, some pretzels and a very poorly drawn card from me. If I get you I promise to send you things that may not even be poisonous.

As for gift ideas:
1) Surprise me. Something nice you can only get in your hometown, something homemade, or something really cool that I never would have expected.
2) Anything car, gun, tank or plane related is always nice.
3) If you can find one of the older Command and Conquer or Ace Combat games other than 5 for a low price that would totally work.
4) A computer thing or stuff to go with a Galaxy S2 would be neat, too.
5) If you decide on horse things, my favorite is the cutest, smartest all around best pony (pony) :twiright: and if it has to be a shirt, I wear a large and would like something that isn't that shirt up there.

Can't wait to send presents to ponygoons again. :-I
Last edited by haywire on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

WalrusWhiskers

Post by WalrusWhiskers (?) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:45 pm

Oh hey thanks for the shirt and pretzels from last year, haywire. I literally hadn't bothered to figure out who had sent those up until right now. I thought the card was really nice, in a 3rd grader crayon drawing kind of way. :allears:

haywire

Post by haywire » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:03 am

I'm glad you liked the gifts, and glad that you somehow liked that card.

Big Boss
A tourist trap that can surpass Mystery Shack?
Rarity's Roughnecks

Post by Big Boss (?) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:17 am

You want to please one of your glorious leaders, don't you? :smirk:

I'm not picky when it comes to gifts. But since I am compulsed to list a few ideas...

1. Camera stuff! I have a Sony Alpha camera system (and an RX100 too).

2. Airplaney things. Cause planes are cool.

3. Surprises! Cause we all like those. :solved: Thinkgeek's always a good choice.

logicow

Post by logicow » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:43 pm

I'll join.

Gift ideas:

1) Favourite pony is Minty because she is clumsy and that makes her adorable (also socks). But nobody likes g3 ponies, so go with Rarity.

2) Waddles, bidoof, chocobos and yoshis are also adorable

3) Gravity Falls is neat too.

Random info:
I wear men's large T-Shirts, have a 17" laptop, a Galaxy S3 phone and live in french canadaland.
Last edited by logicow on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Shavnir

Post by Shavnir » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:52 pm

I guess I could give this a whirl, but I'm always bad at asking for things :fluttersmith:

1 . I wear a men's L and I posted over in the pony threads thread what t-shirts I've already gotten. T-shirts are always nifty
2 . Gonna steal kefkafloyd's #2 and agree planes are cool. Double points for drones currently in service because robots :sweetiebot:
3. I play a lot too much magic and already have a blumillion cards but interesting or clever accessories are always welcome

...man I am just terrible at asking for things :-I

EDIT : As some people have suggested :
Favorite ponys : Fluttershy, Scootaloo, Rarity
Examples of what I mean on the third one : Stuff like playmats, interesting token cards or stuff like that.
Last edited by Shavnir on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor Wheeze
Stare Masters

Post by Doctor Wheeze (?) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:54 pm

Happy Hearth's Warming Eve in 2 months guys :allears:
  • Pony stuff!Toys and decorations and such are preferred over shirts, I've got plenty of those at this point. I would prefer a few small things to one big thing, anyway. My pony rankings are as follows: Fluttershy, Rarity, Twilight, and the other 3 are about even, except Rainbow Dash has my favorite cutie mark. For shirts and stuff I would prioritize a cool design over any particular pony, though. I wear a men's XL. Here's the stuff I already have:
    • Shirts
    • The Famous Friends set with Photo Finish, Hoity Toity, and Rarity
    • The Cloudsdale set with Gilda, a Wonderbolt, and Rainbow Dash
    • A Shine Bright Fluttershy
    • Normal Brushie Fluttershy and Rarity
    • McDonald's 2012 Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie
    • A bunch of posters, including most or possibly all of Kefka's[/list:u]
    EDIT: If you have room left in the $25, these pins are awesome. I already have Fluttershy cutie mark and the fancy yacht.
  • Cookbooks! I like to cook even though I don't do it enough, and I'd like to do it more when I move soon-ish. Something unique/interesting or especially useful. I have a bunch of cookbooks already from America's Test Kitchen/Cook's Illustrated, so not them please :>
  • Hot sauce! I love hot sauce, and I have a pretty high tolerance for spicy. Unique/local delicious hot sauce would be awesome.
  • Things I like other than ponies: Star Trek, Doctor Who, Avatar/Korra, Gravity Falls, Team Fortress 2. Pretty much anything with significant playtime in my Steam profile, I guess. I've had my eye on some swag from the Valve Store and some Star Trek shirts from Welovefine. I'd prefer not to list specific things, but I can if you want :-P
  • Local stuff, cool things I wouldn't have thought of? This is kind of a cop out item, I'm so sorry :fluttersmith:[/list:u]
    The only thing I'd say no to is video games. If this year is anything like last year, ponygoons will be randomly gifting each other everything all through December anyway. Plus I want a real package :gotcha: .
    That's more than 3, I hope that's okay. If not then go with the top 3 items I guess :flutterdear:
Last edited by Doctor Wheeze on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
......:hatte:
:flutterunsmith:

Captain Funkadelic

Post by Captain Funkadelic » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:53 am

I haven't been a Secret Santa in looong time. This is going to be fun! :awesomedash:

Here some ideas.

1) Pony Related Shirts would be nice (size 3xl I'm a little on the tall side)

2)Music is good too. ( anything R&B / Funk related would be good)

3)Pony related items. :twasnothin: :flail: :pcstare: :speakest: are among my faves.

Above all though, don't be afraid to surprise me. :party:

Here's another idea I forgot to add, I'm also a huge Star Wars fan from waaay back.
Last edited by Captain Funkadelic on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.