Video Games thread MK.2

We Built This Forum (On Rock & Roll)
Envineastenda

Video Games thread MK.2

Post by Envineastenda » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:50 am

So old thread was deleted to save server space, we've kept the Nintendo vs. Sega discussion civil so far. Please make sure it stays that way.

So have you heard the rumors going around about a new 16-bit Nintendo console being made to compete with the genesis?

ThundercatsHo

Re: Video Games thread MK.2

Post by ThundercatsHo » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:52 am

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

Altered beast should demand no introduction, if you've got a genesis you've got a copy. So close to the arcade original too, really shows of the superior blast processing of the genesis.

Hot tip, if you press A and start after losing you can continue from the last stage you were at.

camelCasing

Post by camelCasing » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:53 am

So have you heard the rumors going around about a new 16-bit Nintendo console being made to compete with the genesis?
So like what, a SUPER Nintendo?

Envineastenda

Post by Envineastenda » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:56 am

Might and magic is just such an amazing game, it really captures that D&D experience.
Ancient dungeons to explore, quests to go on, treasures to aquire, monsters to slay.

It's really been helping fill that void ever since me and gaming buddies broke up and went to college.

WhitemageofDOOM

Post by WhitemageofDOOM » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:03 am

Has anyone else ever played alisa dragoon? You get to play this rad sorceress with lighting magic and a host of different familiars.
It's really hard though and i haven't beaten it yet.

If you haven't played it, you should really try to find a copy. I mean, just look at that cover art.

Fnord

Post by Fnord » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:28 pm

Might and magic is just such an amazing game, it really captures that D&D experience.
Ancient dungeons to explore, quests to go on, treasures to aquire, monsters to slay.
I have Might&Magic 2 for the genesis!
My paladin is lvl120 with a +56 sword.
Hot tip, if you press A and start after losing you can continue from the last stage you were at.
Thanks that will be a big help!

KillerJunglist

Post by KillerJunglist » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:24 pm

ww.umgur.com/alexkiddrules.jpg

This is a picture of my favorite game. I give it 100000000000000000000000000/10! It's so much fun and has a lot of history to it and stuff. I wish it would come out on Turbo Graphix 16 because there is no system more powerful but it is on Sega which is okay because sega is cooool.

What is your favorite level? Mine is level 2.

GoraKavonenHome

Post by GoraKavonenHome » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:11 pm

WhitemageofDOOM wrote:So like what, a SUPER Nintendo?
My dad works at nintendo and ive seen the super nintendo and it rocks!

Nintendo rules, Sega drools!

(User was probated for this post)

drunkill
Patreon supporter
Custom title: me @ ur posting

Post by drunkill » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:07 pm

-=[DOOOOM]=-
ImageImageImage

Resboambjoums

Post by Resboambjoums » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:00 am

Man, you guys with your stupid nintendos and segas, atari is where it's at. you guys, you just can't beat the classics. Pacman, donkeykong, you know, all those games in the arcade people still pay buckets of quarters for? I can play them whenever I want.

Namagem

Post by Namagem » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:01 am

vidkill wrote:-=[DOOOOM]=-
ImageImageImage
Wait, I thought that was never coming out. It was delayed so long, I mean, really.

SurresCern

Post by SurresCern » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:03 am

Man, you guys with your stupid nintendos and segas, atari is where it's at. you guys, you just can't beat the classics. Pacman, donkeykong, you know, all those games in the arcade people still pay buckets of quarters for? I can play them whenever I want.
Oh, yeh, the clasics, like E.T, rigt?

Sorry, mods, but FUCK atari, I played their shit until they died a horibe death. And then, I got a nintendo, and I've been jumping ever sinc.
User was put on probation for this post.

WhitemageofDOOM

Post by WhitemageofDOOM » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:39 am

So I've been playing this awesome new game called master of orion. Well it's just plan amazing it completely blows every other game in the genre out of the water, i don't know how you could ever improve on it's formula.

KillerJunglist

Post by KillerJunglist » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:09 pm

Orion looks tubular! I need to get a controller so I can play it! Can it be two players? If it can you should tell me your info so we can dial in and play together!

logicow

Post by logicow » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:15 am

I hear they're announcing a sequel to Duke Numem 3D.

Also: anyone else really like that E.V.O. SNES game? You start out as a fish and grow different parts of your body and become different. It's totally rad.

Ponder

Post by Ponder » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:22 am

Sonic and Sega just try too hard. They can't replicate what Nintendo has done. They're all, "Check out our wicked gnarly new graphics and our made-up words like 'blast-processing'. Maybe those will distract you from finding out that we are jealous of an italian plumber's superior playability and success."

WhitemageofDOOM

Post by WhitemageofDOOM » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:24 am

PonderSketch wrote:Sonic and Sega just try too hard. They can't replicate what Nintendo has done. They're all, "Check out our wicked gnarly new graphics and our made-up words like 'blast-processing'. Maybe those will distract you from finding out that we are jealous of an italian plumber's superior playability and success."
That's just like, your opinion man.
Also I'm gonna make one warning, next person to try to start a nintendo vs. Gensis fight gets hit with my banhammer.
logicow wrote: Also: anyone else really like that E.V.O. SNES game? You start out as a fish and grow different parts of your body and become different. It's totally rad.
SNES? What the heck are you talking about?!

Captain Rufus
Faithful Students
Faithful Students

Post by Captain Rufus » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:26 am

Envineastenda wrote:Image

It's really been helping fill that void ever since me and gaming buddies broke up and went to college.

Man Might and Magic has NOTHING on the Ultima series. Its just so good. Ultima Online kind of sucks with all the rampant player killing and all, but if you have a rocking Voodoo card, Everquest next year is gonna RULE. 3d graphics and nobody killing you just for walking around!

But I bet whenever Ultima 9 comes out the RPG crown will go back to Ultima where it belongs and all the anime kids will shut up about Final Fantasy 7. Man what an overrated game that is! In a year or two nobody will be talking about it at all I bet. Just a flash in the pan!

LemonAIDS

Post by LemonAIDS » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:29 am

nintendo is pretty stupid. i heard anyway that mario was bought by sega. they are making it less of a baby game and giving mario guns.

(User was put on probation for this post)

Meridian

Post by Meridian » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:30 am

[quote="WhitemageofDOOM"
That's just like, your opinion man.
Also I'm gonna make one warning, next person to try to start a nintendo vs. Gensis fight gets hit with my banhammer.
[/quote]

lol you just say that because sega is dumb as heck, nothings going to beat mario. sega doesnt even have a mascot..

WhitemageofDOOM

Post by WhitemageofDOOM » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:33 am

LemonAIDS wrote:nintendo is pretty stupid. i heard anyway that mario was bought by sega. they are making it less of a baby game and giving mario guns.

Aladar wrote: lol you just say that because sega is dumb as heck, nothings going to beat mario. sega doesnt even have a mascot..

What did i just say morons?

Besides, Sega does have a mascot, the totally kickin sonic the hedgehog. I can't wait till the sequel comes out!

Casual Viewing

Post by Casual Viewing » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:35 am

guys i found soem ROMs but forgot to delete them after 24 hours, Im really scared, what do I do?

Ponder

Post by Ponder » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:36 am

Wait, when did Sonic become Sega's official mascot? I thought it was that Alex Kidd dude.
Casual Viewing wrote:guys i found soem ROMs but forgot to delete them after 24 hours, Im really scared, what do I do?
Oh man. You've got to delete them RIGHT NOW if you haven't already, then unhook your computer and take it to a trusted friend's house. DON'T LET THEM PLUG IT IN OR THEY'LL FIND YOU. Wait a couple weeks before getting it back, and if anyone comes to ask you about it in the meantime, deny ever owning a computer.

logicow

Post by logicow » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:43 am

WhitemageofDOOM wrote: SNES? What the heck are you talking about?!
Erm.

What about, Captain Comic on the IBM PC?
Mixed Up Mother Goose?

...Bubble Bobble?

I'm too young for this : (

Ponder

Post by Ponder » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:45 am

logicow wrote:Bubble Bobble
You HAD to say it. I'ma have that music stuck in my head all night now.

Casual Viewing

Post by Casual Viewing » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:49 am

YOU HAVE DIED OF DYSENTRY

also i have the highest score on word muncher, I bet you can't beat it. Post your score and I'll compare it!

Scuderia
Fashion Queens
Fashion Queens
Custom title: Tired,
but
Strong

Post by Scuderia » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:50 am

Captain Rufus wrote:Image
Godammit, you didn't have to change anything, did you?

Casual Viewing wrote:guys i found soem ROMs but forgot to delete them after 24 hours, Im really scared, what do I do?
delete them, duh.

Nesticle won't work on overdue roms.

reidransom

Post by reidransom » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:55 am

i'm sorry your all poors and can't afford a neogeo like my family

Captain Rufus
Faithful Students
Faithful Students

Post by Captain Rufus » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:22 am

Scuderia Ferrarity wrote:Image

Godammit, you didn't have to change anything, did you?
I used to have an Ultima Stickman avatar, but now that I am on a high speed 56K modem it doesn't take as long to display. Though forums are still kind of slow. Its a lot faster to talk shop on Usenet with Outlook Express.

Maple Leaf

Post by Maple Leaf » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:25 am

smash bros is a highly technical game that is perfect for tournaments

also ddr:

what is this bullshit about reviewing my post cuz somebody made one before me this is ponyshit

Pretentious Goon

Post by Pretentious Goon » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:34 am

Maple Leaf wrote:smash bros is a highly technical game that is perfect for tournaments

also ddr:

what is this bullshit about reviewing my post cuz somebody made one before me this is ponyshit
well i think that Super Raptor Challenge is a much more pro game for tournaments

(see i can make up games too)

Maple Leaf

Post by Maple Leaf » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:35 am

wtf are u talkin about i played super raptr challeng just 5 mins ago

Whitenoise Poster

Post by Whitenoise Poster » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:54 am

dont play games my mom and priste say that video games are the devil and will make you kill peopls for real life

prase jesus

Pretentious Goon

Post by Pretentious Goon » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:56 am

Whitenoise Poster wrote:dont play games my mom and priste say that video games are the devil and will make you kill peopls for real life

prase jesus
they told me the same thing about dnd and i didnt listen

now i am rolling d20s in hell

Whitenoise Poster

Post by Whitenoise Poster » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:58 am

the devil would be a p.good dm

Captain Dinky

Post by Captain Dinky » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:01 am

htis gmae is rlealy hard!!!!!!!!111 but it is prtey gud n it 1 ov my favs btu i don hav many gmaes so i donno.

Shotgunbadger

Post by Shotgunbadger » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:06 am

ANYONE PLAY ZORK?!

Whitenoise Poster

Post by Whitenoise Poster » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:08 am

zork more like dork witch u r

Shotgunbadger

Post by Shotgunbadger » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:10 am

Whitenoise Poster wrote:zork more like dork witch u r
Shut up man, I'm a hacker, I'm gonna steal your computer.

Whitenoise Poster

Post by Whitenoise Poster » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:12 am

good luck im from the government my computers made of alien stuff